Seller Tips to Sell Maui Real Estate
Sell Maui real estate using a far-reaching online presence. Studies show buyer’s begin their search on-line and use the internet to research neighborhoods and find listings. Our listings are distributed to more than 40 websites, including SothebysRealty.com, MauiRealEstateAdvisor.com, WallStreetJournal.com, NewYorkTimes.com, IHT.com (International Herald Tribune), HomeFind.com, Trulia.com, Zillow.com and more.
Scott Innes, Dave Rooks and Joe Kubelka work as a team providing personalized, knowledgeable service. They’ll do a market analysis of your property and develop a pricing and positioning strategy to reach the broadest audience of potential buyers. They are seasoned and trusted advisors who will guide you through the process, make sure all the details are taken care of, and overcome any challenges that may arise. As REALTORS® they adhere to a strict code of ethics and always put their clients’ interests before their own.
Maui buyers come from all over the world. Local and regional outreach is not enough to sell Maui real estate. Now, more than ever, our global network and world-renowned name provide critical international exposure for each home we represent. Some of our recent buyers have come from Canada, China, Argentina, Japan, Europe, and Korea.
Our real estate agents are supported by our Marketing Department to make sure that your home is presented in the best possible way. We continue to use traditional marketing methods, but also appeal to the tech-savvy Maui homebuyers by using a broad range of new media tools. Our new media marketing efforts range from displaying our homes on dozens of websites to dynamic mobile marketing via smartphone applications. You can even follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or view our homes on our YouTube channel.
Effective Maui Real Estate Marketing
- Professional photography: We employ experienced photographers to best capture the details of each home. Having lots of high quality photos has become even more important with homebuyers starting their search online.
- Beautiful brochures: We create high quality brochures of each home with large, high-resolution photographs and important details about the home. We know that buyers are often looking at several houses in a short period of time. Therefore, it is important that our brochures are enticing representations of the character and beauty of each home, while reflecting the elegant look and feel of Sotheby’s International Realty. Simply put,an MLS printout is a disservice to a home and homeowner and will not attract a discerning buyer, and at Island Sotheby’s International Realty, we want to represent your home in the best way possible.
- Signage: We place an elegant Island Sotheby’s International Realty sign on each property, using our brand’s reputation as a top luxury retailer to entice clients.
- Sharing information with other brokers: We share photos and details of your home via several listing information services, including Sotheby’s International Realty affiliate network, MLS and LINK (where appropriate). These services allow other agencies to see that your home is available for sale. Some agents also enroll active buyers in automatic updates generated by these services. Our entries are then seen by those potential buyers.
- Property-specific marketing plan: We can create a customized marketing plan for individual properties. These strategies are designed to best position a home in the marketplace, identify ways to reach out to each appropriate audience and to create an action plan for the first three to six months of marketing the home
- Online marketing: With approximately 90% of buyers beginning their searches online, we believe it is critical to garner comprehensive internet exposure. We have built unique relationships with WallStreetJournal.com and NewYorkTimes,com, offering the Business of Extraordinary Living microsite on the former and prime advertising space on the latter. NewTorkTimes.com is now the second highest ranked referral site for SothebysRealty.com. We also set ourselves apart with two exclusive sites: ourlocal company sites (www.IslandSir.com and www.MauiRealEstateAdvisor.com) and our international site (SothebysRealty.com). SothebysRealty.com has an average of 3.5 million page views, with more than 30% of the visitors coming from outsidethe US.
- Mobile Applications: More than 60% of homebuyers are of Generation X or Generation Y and research tells us they want instant access to information. Our Mobile enabled website allows buyers to gather photos, details and sales statistics around them from their mobile devise while on the go.
- eGallery: This display system is exclusive to homes in the Sotheby’s International Realty® network. It is a breathtaking selection of local and international homes that are displayed on flat screen monitors in Sotheby’s International Realty and auction house locations.
- YouTube slideshows: The second ranked search engine, behind Google of course, is YouTube. We capitalize on that viewership with engaging slideshows featuring your property. Each one has sophisticated music, elegant imagery, clickable links, geo-tagging and keywords.
- Email marketing: We use a dynamic email marketing service to creatively reach a variety of audiences. Features include automatic social media distribution (to Facebook, Twitter and more), clickable maps, one-click access to additional property information, one-click access to the listing agent, and more. Our recipient lists include thousands of area brokers in the region, client lists and a selection of over 400 Sotheby’s International Realty affiliates. We frequently announce Broker Open Houses, Public Open Houses and price reductions via this channel.
- Social networking: We feature homes on our Maui Real Estate Blog, our FaceBook page, our LinkedIn profile, our Twitter page and our YouTube channel. Each of these outlets has its own audience. This method of “Inbound Marketing” appeals to tech savvy buyers by offering useful content that viewers can share with friends, all within their online communities. This is vital to selling Maui, as it is one of the more tech savvy second homemarkets in the country. Island Sotheby’s International Realty prides itself not only on our listings, but also on our involvement in the Maui community. Social networking sites are a fantastic way not only to promote your property, but also to build and maintain relationships with past, present and future clients.
- Broker Open House: In many cases, we recommend hosting a Broker Open House at your property. In the age of Buyer’s Agency, it is critically important to appeal to real estate agents, as well as the buyers they represent, to gather the largest audience. This is a widely accepted method for agents to learn about your property, while networking with colleagues.
- Public Open House: In some cases, a Public Open House can be an effective way to appeal to active buyers. It can also attract neighbors who may then share the news of your home’s availability with their friends, family and colleagues.
- Office exterior and internal brochure display: Each of our offices has a brochure rack in the lobby to display local and international homes.
- Newspaper ads: THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR) tells us that approximately 90% of homebuyers begin their search online. Not surprisingly, newspaper readership has dropped dramatically. However, we still advertise homes in our local papers to ensure that point of exposure.
- Magazine ads: We regularly advertise in regional publications. Magazines such as Homes and Land distribute their publications to households and have a mainland and international reach. Additionally, we choose issues with editorial content that tends to result in extended shelf-life in order to promote your property for a longer period of time.
- International print ads: We advertise in several major international publications, such as The Wall Street Journal, The International Herald Tribune, Luxury Properties, Country Life, The New York Times, Financial Times, and more.
- Direct mail: We design full color, glossy direct mail pieces to be sent to a target audiences. These postcards communicate critical property information, while reflecting the elegant look and feel of Sotheby’s International Realty’s® homes.
Sell your Maui home? Contact us for a FREE market analysis of what your home is worth.
I would highly recommend Scott and Dave. They represented us for our home purchase on Maui in 2014. Scott and Dave were very professional and knowledgeable of the real estate market in HI. They are honest and very focused on our home requirements. It was smooth sailing throughout the escrow even though there were a few common problems. We live in another state and we would confidently recommend Dave and Scott and will engage this team again for any future Maui purchases.
Joe was extremely helpful during the entire process. As a first time home buyer i had a lot of questions and Joe was very quick to answer them. He was available anytime i had questions and returned my calls promptly. I would highly recommend Joe for your real estate needs. I look forward to working with him in the future!
Amazing advocates for selling or buying a home in Maui. I have used Dave Rooks and Scott Innes during both the purchase and sale of my home in Maui. They are an amazing team! Very supportive in both processes of buying and selling. I would recommend them with out hesitation, they are both locals that know their stuff! Aloha
Scott is a wonderful professional realtor. We enjoyed the expertise, knowledge and kindness he showed us during our travel to Maui looking for a vacation home. He knows the island well. He was able to find us a home that meets all our needs and welcomes us to Maui each visit. Thank you Scott !!!
We have bought and sold several properties through Scott Innes over the last several years. Scott is a detail oriented professional who knows the real estate business and local market inside and out. He listens well to the needs of his clients and responds thoughtfully and timely, working well beyond normal expectations. Scott has a wonderful people pleasing personality. He keeps his clients well informed, and he exhibits a strong sense business ethics and honesty that make it a pleasure to wor…
Joe Kubelka is very hard-working and honest, has excellent communication skills, and is very proficient at networking. If I had a question for which he did not have an answer, he searched out the info and got back to me immediately. He carefully listened to what I was looking for in a property, and searched until he found it. Joe never pressured me to buy, and even advised that I might not be happy with some of the properties I looked at, based on the info I had given him. He even helped me wit…
Scott was very helpful in selling our condo. Not only did he send E-mails with the current listings on a regular basis (but not so often as to be irritating) so that I could “gauge the market” myself, but he also suggested and met with contractors to get the repairs done that were necessary before we put the condo up for sale, as we live in Alaska, not Maui. He continued to market the property in several different venues, negotiated with the buyers effectively and closed the deal without a lo…